Title: Compressibility of Liquids
Date/Time: Thursday, June 30, 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Dr. Ashlie Martini, Purdue University
Dr. Scott Bair, Georgia TechLength: 90 minute presentation, with 15 minute Q&A built in
Hosted by AEM, using GoToMeeting
- What is compressibility and why do we need to be able to characterize it for tribological applications?
- The equations of state used to describe compressibility
- Experimental techniques for measuring compressibility
- Pros and cons of the traditional approach
- Introduction of molecular dynamics simulation of liquid compressibility
- Comparison of model-predicted and experimentally measured compressibility
- Differences between bulk and thin film compressibility
- Pros and cons of the new approach, and future directions
Register HERE - and enjoy!