In this episode, Art Vogel, Treasurer and Committee Member of the STLE Local Section in Atlanta, provides a personal tour of his city and offers some travel tips, places to visit and even good restaurants where you can get authentic Southern cooking. To listen to what Art has to say, click play on the slider bar above, or click on this link to download the episode. You can also read the transcript here.
In the episode, Art mentions several places, and you can check them out for yourself by visiting their websites:
Places to eat:
- Pitty Pat's Porch: authentic Southern cooking
- Nikolai's Roof: French cuisine, reservations highly suggested
- The Varsity: world's largest drive-in, retro decor
Places to visit:
- Stone Mountain Park: one of the largest masses of exposed granite; one of the 7 Wonders of Georgia. Has a train, boating, hiking, golf courses, and a large sculpture
- Inside CNN Tour: get an inside look at CNN and its operations at its world headquarters
- The World of Coca-Cola: try different, global versions of Coke at this unique attraction
- Atlanta Cyclorama: a 3-D panorama that depicts the Civil War Battle of Atlanta
Don't forget to register for the Annual Meeting! For more ideas on what to see, where to go, and how to save money, you can visit Southern Hospitality Savings, which has some discounts on local attractions. Visit our website to register and explore the Annual Meeting details, including more information on activities and events you can attend while in Atlanta. We hope to see you there!
If you are looking for solid business reasons to attend the Annual Meeting, you can read: A Business Case for STLE's Annual Meeting written by STLE's Director of Professional Development, Robert Gresham. The Annual Meeting is a great networking event, and will propel your company and your career. It's not all business, though. You can have a little fun while you are in town, so take full advantage of everything the 2011 Annual Meeting has to offer!