Here is the recap:
Annual Meeting Education Courses
- Advanced Lubrication 301
- Basic Lubrication 101
- Basic Lubrication 102
- Biofuels & Lubes (*new course this year)
- Condition Monitoring 150: CM, An Overview
- Grease 101 - (co-hosted by NLGI)
- Metalworking Fluid Hot Topics (*new course this year) - click here to listen to the Summary presentation, to hear what you missed or to get ready for next year's panel discussion!
- Synthetics 203: Non-Petroleum Fluids and Their Uses
- Synthetics 204: Fluid Formulation and Application
- TSI/STLE Joint Education Course hosted by the Tribology Society of India and put on by STLE instructors, held at IndianOil Institute of Petroleum Management in Gurgaon (Haryana), India
- Basic Lubrication and Hydraulic Fluids & Their Applications, both held at the IFPE (March)
- Metalworking Fluid Management Certificate Course, held in Southfield, MI at the Engineering Society of Detroit's facility
- Intro to Hydraulics: Lubrication Fundamentals, Hydraulic Fluids and Their Application - 1 day course co-hosted by AEM, near their HQ in Milwaukee, WI (USA), to be held March 27, 2012
- Education Course (topic TBD) at ASM International's Aeromat Conference, June 22, 2012
- Basic Lubrication for the Sales Professional - date TBA (July/August 2012)
If there is a challenge you're facing at work or you don't see something that fits your continuing education needs, let us know and we can make a regional course that centers around your problem. We can also bring the education to you with our on-site courses. Tell us what your staff need and we can tailor a course directly to your audience, educating them on-site, with no down time.Online Courses
Released at the end of last year and updated throughout this year, here are some of the courses you may have missed. Starting in 2012, those who have purchased the course will also have access to quarterly Q&A/Discussion webcast sessions with the instructor of the course. See the calendar for dates. Once you purchase the course, the discussions are automatically available to you.
- Basic Lubrication Short Course - covers friction, lubrication and wear
- Fundamentals of Lubrication Certificate Course - more extensive than the Basic course, this includes knowledge check questions as you go, comes with a certificate at the end of the course, and allows you to learn the fundamental concepts associated with the field - friction, lubrication and wear
- Metalworking Fluids Short Course - includes modules on metal removal fluids and types and function of metalworking fluids
- Lubricant Composition Short Course - includes modules on additives, base oils and grease
- Fluid Management & Recycling Short Course - includes a case study, presents the business case for starting a program, and information you need to start your own program
- Seals & Sealing Devices - to be released soon! Covers packing, static seals and dynamic seals
- The Science of Shaft Sealing - coming next year!
Click here to see a list of all the webinars offered in the past year, and to preview next year's schedule. In 2012, all webinars will have an audio file (along with the slides) of the session to take along with you if you're traveling, so you can learn on the go.
The highest attended sessions included:
- Condition Monitoring Data Interpretation with Evan Zabawski. A new series will be available for 2012, featuring 6 separate webinars. Click here for details on the first event, which picks up where this event left off.
- Bearing Damage Analysis with Paul Shiller, great to take with the Basic Lubrication Short Course or Fundamentals of Lubrication Certificate Course to get an all-around look at wear and how it applies to bearings.
- Current Issues in Wind Energy Tribology - Panel Discussion broadcast live from the Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA. Panelists included: Gary Doll, Aaron Greco, Kevin Harrington, Shawn Sheng, David Van Langevelde, and Erwin Zaretsky
- Base Oils: Their Manufacture, Properties, Performance, and Applications with John Rosenbaum
- Grease and its Use in Food Processing with Wayne Mackwood (part of the Food Grade Lubrication Series, the other events are coming up in February and March)